Thursday, December 27, 2012

Daughters of God

This past year I have had the privilege of serving in the young womens. It has been one of the most challenging callings I've had but, it has all been a blessing. I know through all my trials this year teaching these girls has really opened my eyes and helped me think outside of myself. I debated if I was emotionally strong enough to stay in this calling during my divorce. Through prayer I knew that I was given this calling for a reason and not only did the girls need me but I needed them. 

We have a small young womens of 5 girls but they make up for it in spirit. Only one of our girls has a parent that comes to church and despite that these amazing girls are at church and mutual almost every week. Throughout the entire year we knew we wanted to do one thing and that was take the girls to SLC to see the temple and the lights. They had never been before and we hoped it would be something special that they would remember. The weather wasn't so great because it was raining all night and we were soaked but we made the most of it and all had a blast together. These girls will always have a special place in my heart. 

We ate dinner at the delicious California Pizza Kitchen

Our Fearless leader Rachel. We give each other sanity and I wouldn't be able to do it without her. 





Carly

Sarah

Kaela

Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment